The TIP122 is a Darlington pair NPN transistor. It functions like a normal NPN transistor, but since it has a Darlington pair inside it has a good collector current rating of about 5A and a gain of about 1000. It can also withstand about 100V across its collector- Emitter hence can be used to drive heavy loads. TIP122 is a three layer NPN device within the working range, the collector current IC is a function of the base current IB, a change in the base current giving a corresponding amplified change in the collector current for a given collector emitter voltage VCE.
- Darlington Medium-power NPN Transistor
- High DC Current Gain (hFE), typically 1000
- Continuous Collector current (IC) is 5A
- Collector-Emitter voltage (VCE) is 100 V
- Collector-Base voltage (VCB) is 100V
- Emitter Base Voltage (VBE) is 5V
- Base Current(IB) is 120mA
- Available in To-220 Package
- Can be used to switch high current (upto 5A) loads
- Can be used as medium Power switches
- Used where high amplification is needed
- Speed control of Motors
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.