- Its semiconductor-based electronic component
- Functions as a small heat pump. By applying the DC power source to a TEC, heat will be transferred from one side of the module to the other.
- It creates a cold and hot side.
- Widely used in industrial areas, for example, computer CPU, CCDs, portable refrigerators, medical instruments, and so on.
- Also Known as Thermoelectric cooling modules, Thermoelectric modules, Peltier modules, Thermoelectric cooling module.
The TEC1-12706 40x40mm Thermoelectric Cooler 6A Peltier Module is the simple application of the Peltier Thermoelectric Effect. The module features 127 semiconductor couples in the area of 40mmx40mm which very effectively cools and heats up to 90°C.
Thermoelectric coolers also are known as TEC or Peltier modules create a temperature differential on each side. One side gets hot and the other side gets cool. Therefore, they can be used to either warm something up or cool something down, depending on which side you use. You can also take advantage of a temperature differential to generate electricity.
This Peltier works very well as long as you remove the heat from the hot side. After turning on the device, the hot side will heat quickly, the cold side will cool quickly. If you do not remove the heat from the hot side (with a heat sink or other device), the Peltier will quickly reach stasis and do nothing. We recommend using an old computer CPU heatsink or another block of metal to pull heat from the hot side. We were able to use a computer power supply and CPU heatsink to make the cold side so uncomfortable we could not hold our finger to it.
|Operating Voltage (VDC)||
|Maximum Operating Current (A)||
|Maximum Power (W)||
5 × 5 × 5 cm
- Max. Operating Temperature: 138 Degree C
- Do not exceed Imax or Vmax when operating a module.
- Please carry out moisture protection options (sealing) in final application use.
- Life expectancy: 200,000 hours
- Failure rate based on longtime testings: 0.2%.
1 x TEC1 12706 40x40 mm Thermoelectric Cooler 6A Peltier Module
TEC1 12706 40x40 mm Thermoelectric Cooler 6A Peltier Module
I am satisfied with the TEC1 12706 40Ã—40 mm Thermo-electric Cooler 6A Peltier Module . It reached 7Â°C only with 6v battery and water cooling, but it was quite difficult to maintain the temp for a long time. And it reached a whopping temp of -0.9Â°c as you can see in the pic for proof with 12v 1amp adapter with water cooling. Overall,it's a nice try.
Nice deal, I brought this for my project and it did well, so I am happy .Thanks to Robotbanao.
The Product is made with good quality components, just a little bit hard to set (increase/decrease) the voltage but its ok. I am giving my feedback 4/5 days of usage and I would say it was a good experience with me. Thanks
Bulid a mini ac for my room....can bulid a mini fridge for urself.
Country Of Origin: China
Imported and Marketed By:
Select Brands International Pvt Ltd