The LM317 is an adjustable 3-terminal Positive-voltage regulator capable of supplying up to 1.5A over an output-voltage range of 1.25 V to 37 V.
When it comes to variable voltage regulation requirements LM317 would most likely be the first choice. Apart from using it as a variable voltage regulator, it can also be used as a fixed voltage regulator, current limiter, Battery charger, AC voltage regulator and even as an adjustable current regulator. One notable drawback of this IC is that it has a voltage drop of about 2.5 across it during regulation, so if you looking to avoid that problem look into the other equivalent IC’s given above.
So, if you are looking for a variable voltage regulator to deliver current up to 1.5A then this regulator IC might be the right choice for your application
The LM317T is a popular variable voltage regulator that is used in power regulation circuits by hobbyists and professionals alike. The output voltage of LM317 can be adjusted from 1.2V to 37V with a maximum output current rating of 1.5A. The IC is commonly used for voltage regulation and current regulation circuits in chargers and other power modules. It comes in a breadboard friendly TO220 package and required very simple external components, few resistors, and a capacitor to operate as a function circuit. It can be used in positive voltage regulator circuits, Variable Power Circuits like battery chargers, and is commonly used in Desktop PC, DVDs, and other consumer products.
This is a 3-legged device with pins named Adjust Pin, Input Voltage Pin, and Output Voltage Pin. To use LM317T, you have to supply the input voltage to an input pin, and using a potential divider circuit, you have to provide the voltage to adjust the voltage pin to regulate the voltage at the output pin.
- Adjustable 3-terminal positive voltage regulator
- Output voltage can be set to range from 1.25V to 37V
- Output current is 1.5A
- Maximum Input to output voltage difference is 40V, recommended 15V
- Maximum output current when voltage difference is 15V is 2.2A
- Operating junction temperature is 125°C
- Available in To-220, SOT223, TO263 Package
- Used for Positive voltage regulations
- Variable power supply
- Current limiting circuits
- Reverse polarity circuits
- Commonly used in Desktop PC, DVD and other consumer products
- Used in motor control circuits
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.