- HX711 is a precision 24-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC)
- It is designed for weighing scales and industrial control applications to interface directly with a bridge sensor.
- There is a load cell we have which is sometimes called a strain gauge
- The strain gauge is the same one found in digital bathroom scales.
- The load cell can measure up to about 50 kg.
- This weight cell is suitable for electronic balance and other high accuracy electronic weighing devices.
Load cell is transducer which transforms force or pressure into electrical output. Magnitude of this electrical output is directly proportion to the force being applied. Load cells have strain gauge, which deforms when pressure is applied on it. And then strain gauge generates electrical signal on deformation as its effective resistance changes on deformation. A load cell usually consists of four strain gauges in a Wheatstone bridge configuration. Load cell comes in various ranges like 5kg, 10kg, 100kg and more, here we have used Load cell, which can weight up to 50kg.
HX711 Weighing Sensor Module has HX711 chip, which is a 24 high precision A/D converter (Analog to digital converter). HX711 has two analog input channels and we can get gain up to128 by programming these channels. So HX711 module amplifies the low electric output of Load cells and then this amplified & digitally converted signal is fed into the Arduino to derive the weight.
Load cell is connected with HX711 Load cell Amplifier using four wires. These four wires are Red, Black, White and Green/Blue. There may be slight variation in colors of wires from module to module. Below the connection details and diagram:
- RED Wire is connected to E+
- BLACK Wire is connected to E-
- WHITE Wire is connected to A-
- GREEN Wire is connected to A+
- Arduino Uno
- Load cell (50kg)
- HX711 Load cell Amplifier Module
- 16 x 2 LCD
- Connecting wires
- USB cable
- Nut bolts, Frame and base
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.