GY-521 module is a breakout board for the MPU-6050 MEMS (Microelectromechanical systems) that features a 3-axis gyroscope, a 3-axis accelerometer, a digital motion processor (DMP), and a temperature sensor. The digital motion processor can be used to process complex algorithms directly on the board. Usually, the DMP processes algorithms that turn the raw values from the sensors into stable position data.
The GY-521 breakout has eight pins:
- VCC (The breakout board has a voltage regulator.
- SCL (Serial Clock Line of the I2C protocol.)
- SDA (Serial Data Line of the I2C protocol.)
- XDA (Auxiliary data => I2C master serial data for connecting the module to external sensors.)
- XCL (Auxiliary clock => I2C master serial clock for connecting the module to external sensors.)
- AD0 (If this pin is LOW, the I2C address of the board will be 0x68. Otherwise, if the pin is HIGH, the address will be 0x69.)
- INT (Interrupt digital output)